Front Desk Office Manager
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is searching for an Office Manager to provide daily staff support, and assist with managing customer concerns. As an Office Manager your organization and can-do attitude are essential to your success with Ashley Furniture HomeStore.
Working for Ashley Furniture HomeStore you will find a unique and fulfilling culture, with opportunities for growth and great benefits! Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets customers with a smile
- Supports sales staff by finalizing tickets quickly and efficiently
- Handles customer order issues in person and on the phone
- Handles escalated customer issues
- Prepares Office staff schedules
- Thorough knowledge of office policies and procedures
- Reviews and makes changes to customer orders
- Records details and notes on each customers ticket
- Processes credit card, cash and check transactions correctly and expeditiously according to company policy
- Provide reports
- Reviews sales orders on a daily basis
- Sales Floor –assists with pricing, tagging, promotion, and organization when needed
- Daily Close outs – count money
- Tracks office supplies, puts in quarterly orders thru help desk system
- Training new office staff on company policy and system
- Handles all new hire paperwork for the store. Ensures all hiring paperwork is filled out correctly and sent to HR
- Ensures that office staff performs daily duties, on time, adheres to all company policies
- Follows assigned schedule
- Attends all required meetings
- May have Key Holder responsibilities
Manages office staff (CSR's) and in the absence of Store General Manager or Sales Manager responsibility will include all store personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizations policies and all applicable state and federal laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have basic math skills (calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task
- Motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively with staff and all levels of management
- Committed to purpose, and company goals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must have good verbal communication skills. Must possess the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and vendors. Ability to effectively present information to management and other team members.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma preferred
- Computer literacy to include a working knowledge of standard business applications (MS Outlook, Word and Excel), in a Windows environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time