Ashley Furniture Home Store is seeking a highly-skilled, leading professional to fill our VP of Sales position. The position is responsible for the success of their region through proper planning and directing of all their stores including, but not limited to, marketing, sales, employee relations, and general administration.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. Team Members at Ashley have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well. This is how we’ve been voted #1 Furniture Retailer in the U.S. for 14 consecutive years.
· Develop and maintain an effective organization through the initial interview, training, motivation, and performance review of employees.
· Develop and maintain an effective organization through the initial interview, training, motivation, and performance review of assigned store employees.
· Hires and trains store managers.
· Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of store managers.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
·Provides leadership to the assigned region, overseeing retail activities and stores
· Reviews and analyzes regional sales and operational records and reports; use data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
· Schedules and directs regular sales meetings and events to share information, set and revise goals, and to increase morale.
· Collaborates with store managers to develop sales goals for each location, monitors progress toward those goals, and develops strategies to attract and retain customers.
· Identifies opportunities for improvement in the store region; designs and implements training, strategies, policies, goals, and other resources to maximize productivity and morale.
· Collaborates with executive leadership to develop territories, sales quotas, and strategies.
· Maintains knowledge of the market, competition, and best practices and trends in sales techniques and strategies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Responsibilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent sales and customer service skills, with proven negotiation skills.
· Excellent math skills to draft and implement budgets and conduct data analysis.
· Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
· Thorough understanding of the company's products and/or services, and those of immediate competitors in the surrounding market.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.